Frequently Asked Questions
Free Magazine - CatalogFever - Free Magazine Subscription - Answers to common free magazine subscription questions!
- Are subscriptions available outside of the United States?
Currently subscriptions are only provided to businesses in the United States.
User Account Issues
Username problems? Password problems? Having trouble logging in? Try these answers:
- Help! I've forgotten my username and/or password.
Your username is the email address that you used when you signed up. Your password can be recovered by using the Email My Password button found at the bottom of the Member Sign In page. Please submit your request one time and you will receive an email that has a randomly generated password in it. Once you have successfully logged in you can change your password by using the change password form.
- Okay, I generated a new password but my password still doesn't work.
Usually this is because the Email My Password button was clicked twice. When this happens a second random password gets generated and emailed to you. Often this second email is missed and a user will attempt to use the first password. Since that is no longer a valid password the site denies access. Check your email for any additional password reset emails. If you don't see one you can request another reset.
- How do I change my password?
Wondering when you'll get your first issue? Want to change your mailing address? Looking for anything else regarding a subscription, try the Q&A below:
- What qualifications do I need to receive a free subscription to a trade publication?
Each publisher is solely responsible for determining the specific requirements which must be met in order for an individual to qualify to receive their publication(s) free of charge. We are not involved in setting these requirements, and has no influence upon the publisher's determination of whether or not an individual subscription request meets the publisher's required criteria.
In almost all cases, one or more of the following is viewed as a requirement by the publisher:
- Your work requires you to be informed and up-to-date about the subject matter covered by the trade publication.
- You need information about the types of products and/or services advertised or discussed in the trade publication for your work.
- Your job calls upon you to evaluate, recommend and/or purchase the types of products or services that are advertised or discussed in the trade publication you wish to subscribe to.
Publishers are interested in specific job titles and job functions, but may also evaluate and determine qualification based upon other information requested in their qualification form. Additionally, publishers' criteria may change from time to time, based on their overall demographic needs and requirements.
- I've requested a free subscription to a magazine, when will I receive my first issue?
Final qualification for a free subscription is determined by the publisher. Assuming that the publisher approves your request it usually takes about 13 weeks for your first issue to arrive. You can verify the date that you subscribed to a magazine by logging in and then checking the my subscriptions area. Here you will see the dates that you requested your subscriptions.
- I've checked when I requested a free subscription and it was more than 13 weeks ago. What now?
You may not have qualified for a free subscription. Since it is up to the publisher to determine who qualifies for their free offer you should follow up with the publisher for the specific magazine that you are inquiring about. You may also want to consider another magazine on our website with the same general content. It is possible that even though one publisher turned you down, another may accept your application.
- I've changed my mind, please cancel my subscription.
Often you will need to contact the publisher in order to cancel your subscription. If you reach us early enough we may be able to cancel your request before it is submitted to the publisher. Please check the my subscriptions area and verify when you requested a subscription. If it has been more than 2 weeks you will need to contact the publisher.
- I do not have a postal address in the United States, is there any way for me to get a free subscription to the magazines listed here?
No. You may wish to contact the publisher directly as many offer paid subscriptions to non-US subscribers.
- Can you give me a subscription to all the magazines in a category or on the site or without filling out the forms?
No. The forms are used to determine your qualification for a free subscription. The only way to get a subscription for a magazine listed on this site is to click on it and fill out the forms that follow.
- I run a classroom, can I use these magazines for education?
You can use the magazines for education but you must fill the forms out for each subscription you want to generate. Please note that these magazines are offered to trade professionals that are currently active in their industry. You can request a subscription as a classroom teacher but qualification for a free subscription is at the discretion of the publisher.
- I am looking for a back issue of a magazine, can you send that to me.
No. We are a subscripiton request and processing service and do not facilitate these requests. You must contact the publisher of the magazine directly in order to get back issues.
- My company has moved to a new address but my magazines are still going to the old address. Can you change my address?
Once you are logged in you can use the account management page to modify your mailing address. This however will only modify your address for future subscription requests that you place with our site. You also need to contact the publisher directly in order to notify them of this change.
- How can I see a list of the publications that I have already requested.
Once you have logged in, you can click the Members link on the main navigation panel for the site. You will then see a link that reads My Subscriptions. Click that and you will see the subscriptions and information requests that you have made within the last year.
- I have a product that I would like to advertise. How can I find out what is required to adveritse in the magazines listed on your website? Also, is it possible for me to list my product directly on your website?
Please check the Media Kit section of the website. There you will find media kits for most of the magazines listed on the site. These detail rates and sizes for advertisements in the individual magazines.
If you are looking to list your item on our site please use the contact form below. Let us know a little about your product and give us a means to contact you and somebody will notify you shortly.
- I'm looking for magazines in a particular industry, do you have any available?
The magazines on our site are organized by the industry that they serve. These industries are listed in the site's navigation panel. If you do not see the industry that you are looking for then we may not carry any publications that offer information for that field.
- I'm looking for a specific magazine, is it available from your site?
The magazines that we offer can be searched using the search box in the top right corner of the site. Alternatively you can browse through the categories available to see if the magazine is listed. If you can't find it through those methods it is likely that we do not offer it.
- How can I get myself or somebody else removed from the mailing list?
If you have been getting emails that you no longer find valuable simply click the unsubscribe that is located in the email. We are completely CAN-SPAM complian tand hold a deep respect for our users. If you are looking to be removed from the postal list you will need to contact the publisher directly AND fill out the contact us form.
- I've submitted a contact request but I haven't heard back. Why is this and what can I do?
We make an effort to answer contact requests as soon as possible. If you have not received a response it is likely that the answer is on this page already. Please review this FAQ in its entirety and if your questions still isn't answered please feel free to re-submit your contact request.